Planning to spend some time exploring Tennessee’s Capital City?
ECRS’ Ignite 2019 Retail Success Conference kicks off in Nashville, Tennessee on July 29 and runs until the 31. Coming into town early? Planning to stay a few days late? Here are a few sites worth seeing if you want to enjoy Nashville’s music, activities, and history!
While some of the sites listed below require a time commitment, we’ve included quite a few experiences that are quick and nearby to the conference. Below is a list of the attractions that we think everyone will enjoy (distance from the Nashville Airport Marriott is noted if under 10 miles).
Whether you plan to arrive in town early for a long weekend or if you’ve got a tight schedule to stick to, we’ve got you covered!
Music Venues & Museums
- Texas Troubadour Theatre (5.9 mi): Historic venue for live traditional country music.
- Willie Nelson and Friends Showcase Museum (5.9 mi): Take a tour through country music’s history with memorabilia from Willie Nelson and his famous friends, including Patsy Cline, Waylon Jennings, Dolly Parton, and more!
- Grand Ole Opry (6.3 mi): Famous and historic country music concert Venue. Tours are available 7 days a week, visit their tours page for more information!
- Ascend Amphitheater (6.6 mi): Open air music venue in the Metro Riverfront Park located along the Cumberland River.
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum: Plan your visit here, a must visit for Country music fans!
- National Museum of African American Music: Brand new in 2019! Be one of the first to see the exhibits on gospel, blues, and jazz.
Sports & Activities
- Lane Motor Museum (3.7 mi): Their collection features military, amphibious, alternative fuel vehicles, microcars and more! Learn how politics, geography, and economics influenced vehicles through history. Don’t have time, but still curious? Take a virtual tour. (Closed Tuesday and Wednesdays)
- Wave Country (3.9 mi): Local water park, open 7 days a week, adult admission only $12
- Two Rivers Golf Course (4.9 mi): Book your Tee Time today.
- Tennessee Central Railway Museum (5.4 mi): Scenic train tours through the surrounding area. Tours are being offered on July 27, 2019, see their excursions page for more information.
- Opry Mills (5.5 mi): Local shopping mall
- Cooter’s Place (5.9 mi): Dukes of Hazzard Museum and Shop – Free Admission!
- Madame Tussauds Nashville: Did you know Madame Tussaud was imprisoned during the french revolution? Learn all about the history of the famous wax museum and see the ‘All Music Themed’ Exhibition.
Love History? Nashville has a rich, complex history, check out the highlights below.
- Lotz House: Civil war house museum, daily tours available.
- Belle Meade Plantation: Go back in time to a historic southern plantation house, enjoy a complimentary wine tasting, and stroll through the gardens on the daily tours.
- Travellers Rest Plantation & Museum: Historic home built in 1799, beautifully furnished with period and family pieces